News / Utah / 

West Valley Home Goes Up in Flames

West Valley Home Goes Up in Flames



This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

(KSL News) -- A local family is lucky they were out Christmas shopping when their West Valley home went up in flames tonight.

Firefighters say it started in an add-on to the garage and some nearby power lines were damaged. About 20 firefighters came to the scene when neighbors called 9-11.

Curtis Peck, Neighbor: "I was lying down for the night and next thing I know, we heard electrical buzzing and popping, looked out the window there was flames all over the back patio. And I came downstairs, walked up the front door, and it was already hot."

The family actually drove into the driveway to see the home already engulfed in flames, but all five of them are safe.

Damage is estimated at about 40 thousand dollars.

SIGN UP FOR THE KSL.COM NEWSLETTER

Catch up on the top news and features from KSL.com, sent weekly.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast