Estimated read time: Less than a minute
(KSL News) A family went out for dessert and came home to find their house on fire.
Crews with Unified Fire Authority responded to the home in Holladay just after 9:00 last night.
They say the family started a fire in the fireplace and thought it had sufficiently died down. They left for dessert, but when they came back smoke was pouring from the front room.
Crews quickly put out the blaze.
Fortunately no one was hurt. The family cat is missing, but authorities think it's just scared and hiding somewhere.