Estimated read time: 1-2 minutes
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
PROVO -- A Provo woman says she got a nasty trick when she ate some Halloween candy over the weekend.
Monica Gardner works in a restaurant but she's having a hard time eating food since she ate some Milk Duds that were purchased at the Orem Walmart. She pulled out a small box of Milk Duds from the bag and ate them.
"Then when I was done I looked down in it and saw something moving in it. There were two larvae. One was dead and one was crawling around still," said Gardner. "I think the rest of the night any food that I picked up I'm like ‘Is there going to be a worm in this? Maybe I shouldn't eat it.' Even still today I'm like looking at any food that I'm getting and I'm thinking worms, which is nasty."
Gardner became even more frustrated when she called Walmart and told them what had happened.
"We didn't even get an ‘I'm sorry,' which was surprising," said Gardner. "They just said, ‘Oh well, you can just drive down here and exchange it.'"
Gardner doesn't plan on pursuing her complaint any further unless she becomes ill. KSL called the Orem Walmart and was referred to the corporate offices. A message was left there and we are waiting for a reply.