Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
NORTH SALT LAKE -- A fire destroyed the home of a North Salt Lake family Saturday.
South Davis Fire Chief Jim Rampton says the blaze was started by a young boy playing with a lighter.
Fire officials were called to the trailer home at Camelot Trailer Park near 300 East Pellinore Street around 12:45 p.m. A father and his two children were inside when the fire started, but were able to get out.
Rampton believes the child who started the fire is 5 years old. The father, who is deaf, suffered burns while trying to escape.
Fire officials say the fire likely started in the living room and quickly spread to the rest of the home. The fire caused $60,000 in damage and the trailer is a complete loss.