News / Utah / 

Doorbell Saves Sandy Family from House Fire

Doorbell Saves Sandy Family from House Fire

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

(KSL News) A Sandy home went up in flames overnight. Investigators say the family's doorbell saved their lives. The fire broke out around midnight.

Doorbell Saves Sandy Family from House Fire

According to firefighters, it started in the attic and the flames worked their way down to the front porch. The fire somehow caused the doorbell to start ringing, which woke up the family.

Fire crews were able to quickly contain the fire. No one was injured.

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics



Catch up on the top news and features from, sent weekly.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast