Kitchen Fire Damages Home in Kearns

Kitchen Fire Damages Home in Kearns

Save Story
Leer en espaƱol

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

(KSL News) A man cooking dinner at his home in Kearns accidentally set his kitchen on fire.

Fire authorities say he put a skillet filled with oil on the stove, then left the room. When he came back, flames were jumping from the pan. He grabbed the pan, walked outside and threw it.

He went back to the kitchen, only to find the microwave was on fire. He called 9-1-1. Crews quickly put out the fire. They estimate about seven-thousand dollars of smoke damage in the kitchen.

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics



Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the Trending 5.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast