Fire causes $50K in damage to Kearns home


Save Story
Leer en espaƱol

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

KEARNS -- A barbecue grill may have sparked a fire at a Kearns home Sunday evening.

Unified Fire Department officials say the fire started in the back of the home near 5700 South and 5400 West around 6:30 p.m.

The flames quickly spread to the attic. Crews smothered the blaze outside, but then had to remove part of the roof to fight the fire inside.

No one was hurt.

The fire caused about $50,000 in damage to the home.

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics

Utah

STAY IN THE KNOW

Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the KSL.com Trending 5.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast