Man Injured in House Fire

Man Injured in House Fire

Save Story
Leer en español

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

(KSL News) Fire burned a home and injured a man in Salt Lake City tonight.

Investigators say a man was refinishing his floors near 18th South and 5th East with a flammable liquid when something sparked a flash fire. The man was burned on his face, back and arms and the house suffered at least 10-thousand dollars in damage.

Firefighters warn that anytime a flammable substance is used inside, make sure there is plenty of ventilation. Otherwise a pilot light or any other source of flame can ignite the fumes.

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics



Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the Trending 5.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast