Taylorsville family exposed to 'deadly' levels of carbon monoxide

Save Story

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

TAYLORSVILLE -- Three members of a Taylorsville family were exposed to what firefighters say were "deadly" levels of carbon monoxide.

It happened Friday around 4:30 p.m. at a home near 700 West and Murray-Taylorsville Road.

"When our crews arrived they found that the car had been left in the garage, still running," said Capt. Clint Mecham with the Unified Fire Authority. "We had three people inside, the mother and father and a 26-year-old daughter who were all suffering from the effects of extreme carbon monoxide poisoning."

Firefighters pulled the family to safety and cleared the home of the gas.
Firefighters pulled the family to safety and cleared the home of the gas.

Investigators say the couple who lives at the home had run an errand in the morning and that the car had been idling inside the garage for several hours.

The couple reported feeling ill, and crews found their 26-year-old daughter unresponsive in an upstairs bedroom.

Crews were able to resuscitate the daughter. She was taken to the hospital in stable condition.

All three are expected to be fine.

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics



Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the KSL.com Trending 5.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast