Estimated read time: 2-3 minutes
(KSL News) This weekend, Trolley Square will host several merchant and community activities, all of which will raise funds for the Trolley Square Memorial Account.
Established at Wells Fargo Bank, the memorial account is a general fund set up for the sole purpose of contributing much-needed financial assistance to the victims and families affected by last month's incident.
Events at Trolley Square are as follows:
Friday, March 9
- Hard Rock Café to host "We love Trolley Square" benefit night of music at its location at 500 South and 700 East. Alan Osmond will headline a slate of entertainers. A large monetary donation will be made to the Trolley Square Memorial Account. There is a $10 cover charge. All proceeds from the door of the event will be donated to the account.
- Payne Anthony Jewelers, located inside Trolley Square, will donate half of all its sales on March 9 and 10.
Saturday, March 10
- Saturday will feature several free events at Trolley Square. Throughout the day, Wells Fargo Bank volunteers will be available to accept donations from mall patrons. The schedule of events for the day is as follows:
Trolley Square South Amphitheater
- From 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., the south amphitheater inside Trolley Square will host several events.
- Dream Makers Academy healers and massage therapists will be available from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. offering free massages.
- Local artist Doug Nielsen will perform from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.
- Other local artists will display their musical talents until 4 p.m.
Trolley Square North Outdoor Plaza
- From 4 to 8 p.m., a series of events, coordinated by Margaret Best, will take place outdoors at Trolley Square's North Plaza. Wells Fargo representatives will be available to take donations to the Trolley Square Memorial Account.
- The Better Life Band, Jericho Road and Josh Wickman all will perform.
- Cameo Beauty College products and services will be available through a raffle.
- Event organizers will hold a silent auction, and T-shirts will be available for sale. Proceeds will go toward the Trolley Square Memorial Account.
Also, coming up next week:
Tuesday, March 13 and Wednesday, March 14
- The Old Spaghetti Factory will donate half of all its dinner proceeds from both of these nights to the Trolley Square Memorial Account.
(Information from Trolley Square news release.)