Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
RIVERTON -- A Riverton home went up in flames Saturday.
Fire officials said the owner was getting ready to rent the home near 13000 South and Redwood Road. He was doing some work with a small torch and placed it in a bucket with a piece of carpet over the top.
He then set off a bug bomb, which sparked the blaze.
The fire burned through some floor joists and got into the attic by going up the chimney.
No one was hurt, but it did cause about $25,000 in damage to the home.