Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
BRIGHTON-- A cabin near the Brighton ski resort burned to the ground Tuesday afternoon.
Residents in the area say they heard an explosion around 1:45 p.m., then saw smoke and flames coming from the cabin on Brighton Loop Road near Silver Lake.
Brighton volunteer fire fighters were on the scene almost immediately but had trouble accessing the cabin because of the large amount of snow.
The Unified Fire Authority arrived about 15 minutes later to assist, but at that point the house was fully engulfed.
Crews also had limited access to water.
No one was hurt. Investigators say a faulty propane tank is likely to blame.