2-alarm fire damages Riverton home

Save Story

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

RIVERTON -- Fire fighters say a barbecue may be to blame for a two-alarm house fire that broke out just after 8:30 Friday night. It happened in the area of 12100 South and 1400 West.

Capt. Klint Smith of Unified Fire Authority says a woman was in the home when she heard a loud explosion. She ran to the back of the house, saw fire on the back deck and called 911.

When crews arrived, heavy fire was spreading into the attic space, so a second alarm was called.

The woman says a barbecue was used on the back deck earlier in the evening, but investigators aren't sure yet if that is what started the fire.

There's extensive damage to the home, but no one was injured.

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics



Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the KSL.com Trending 5.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast