Fire guts Salt Lake City apartment

Save Story

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

(KSL News) The Red Cross is helping an elderly woman who lost everything she had in a fire overnight.

The fire started in an apartment near 220 East and 1st Avenue. Within 20 minutes it was out, but everything inside was a total loss.

The woman who lived in that unit got out OK, but now she has no home or belongings. The Red Cross put the woman up in a hotel room and gave her some food and clothing.

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics



Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the Trending 5.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast