News / Utah / 

Dog Saves Family From Fire

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- A Salt Lake City family manages to escape a fire at a apartment complex--- thanks to a dog.

The blaze broke out yesterday morning in one of the units.

Fire officials say the smoke detectors were NOT working. However, they say a dog managed to wake up the family of eight and they were able to escape.

Investigators say a faulty switch on the stove is to blame for starting the fire. Fire officials say the blaze was contained to the family's kitchen, which was severely damaged.

An investigation is now underway.


Information from: The Salt Lake Tribune

(Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics



Catch up on the top news and features from, sent weekly.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast