This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
SALT LAKE CITY — The 2020 national signing day has come to a close for the Weber State Wildcats football team.
Throughout the signing period, the Wildcats were able to add 13 new players to its roster, which includes three transfers and 10 high school graduates. Weber State will also add three returned missionaries to their squad for the 2020 season.
Last year, Weber State topped the Big Sky Conference for the third year in a row and advanced to the semifinals of the 2019 FCS playoff. The Wildcats finished third in the nation and saw four athletes earn All-American awards.
Weber State’s main focus on the recruiting cycle was on the offensive and defensive lines. The Wildcats were able to snag four lineman on both sides of the ball to help solidify the trenches. Wide receiver and cornerback were the next two positions on the priority list, and Weber State was able to fill those roles during signing day as well.
Class of 2020:
- James Bruce/ OL/ Odessa, TX/ 6’4, 300 lbs
- Anthony LaFrance/ OL/ Chino Hills, CA/ 6’4, 285 lbs
- Hunter Scott/ OL/ Gilbert, AZ/ 6’5, 260 lbs
- Devin Smith/ OL/ Spring Branch, TX/ 6’3, 275 lbs
- Connor Finlayson/ DE/ Highland, UT/ 6’5, 215 lbs
- Jagger Childs/ DL/ Kennewick, WA/ 6’4, 245 lbs
- Brayden Wilson/ DL/ Kaysville, UT/ 6’5, 225 lbs
- Okiki Olorunfunmi/ DE/ Clovis, CA/ 6’5, 230 lbs
- Kahlef Hailassie/ DB/ Cosumnes Oaks, CA/ 6’1, 190 lbs
- Abraham Williams/ DB/ Salt Lake City, UT/ 6’0, 170 lbs
- Jordyn Turner/ WR/ Bothell, WA/ 6’5, 195 lbs
- Keayen Nead/ TE/ Sugar City, ID/ 6’5, 220 lbs
- Mackenzie Morgan/ P/ Trigg, Australia/ 6’2, 215 lbs
Returned missionaries, Class of 2018:
- Bronson Barron/ QB/ American Fork, UT/ 6’3, 210 lbs
- Jacob Bosco/ LB/ Provo, UT/ 6’1, 235 lbs
- Colby Samuels/ WR/ Lehi, UT/ 6’3, 185 lbs