Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
RIVERDALE — A man was critically injured in an officer-involved shooting in Riverdale overnight, police said.
Officers responded to reports of an armed, suicidal man at the Cherry Creek Apartments, 1551 W. Riverdale Road, according to a press release from Riverdale Police Lt. Casey Warren.
Police tried to resolve the situation peacefully. However, they eventually encountered the armed man and shot him. It's unclear how many shots were fired.
The man, whose name has not been released, was taken to a local hospital in critical condition. No officers were injured, Warren said.
No other information was initially available.
- Utah County Crisis Line: 801-226-4433
- Salt Lake County/UNI Crisis Line: 801-587-3000
- Wasatch Mental Health Crisis Line: 801-373-7393
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Trevor Project Hotline for LGBTQ teens: 1-866-488-7386
Contributing: Mike Anderson, KSL TV