AP File Photo

Teacher says Parkland shooter posed as student months before massacre

By The Associated Press | Posted - Oct. 14, 2018 at 8:18 p.m.


1 photo

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

PARKLAND, Fla. (AP) — Records released by prosecutors reveal that Florida school shooting suspect Nikolas Cruz trespassed on school grounds about six months before the massacre that left 17 dead.

A Parkland computer science teacher says she saw Cruz on the first day of school in August 2017, carrying a backpack and hanging with other students as if he were one of them. He was kicked out of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School the previous year. Sandra Rennie's interview was released by prosecutors Friday.

She said Cruz told her he was a student again and she welcomed him back, but immediately asked an administrator whether he was in her classes. She said the administrator left to escort him off school grounds.

Rennie had previously taught Cruz. She said he once became angry because the school computer prevented him from researching different types of hunting guns.

Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Photos

The Associated Press

    KSL Weather Forecast