Sports / Other Sports / 

Nadal to return in Tie Break Tens; Djokovic also playing



This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — Top-ranked Rafael Nadal will make his return from injury in the Tie Break Tens event in Melbourne on Jan. 10.

Nadal previously withdrew from the Brisbane International and Fast4 event in Sydney while recovering from a knee injury. Organizers said Nadal will join Novak Djokovic and Stan Wawrinka among a field of eight players in the Melbourne knockout tournament which has a winner-take-all purse of $250,000.

In Tie Break 10s, the winner is the first player to reach 10 points with a two-point margin in a super tiebreaker.

Nadal said "Tie Break Tens is a great concept and we will see and play some exciting matches. The field is fantastic and I expect some tough competition which will be great for the Aussie fans."

Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

The Associated Press

    SIGN UP FOR THE KSL.COM NEWSLETTER

    Catch up on the top news and features from KSL.com, sent weekly.
    By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

    KSL Weather Forecast