Neighbor alerts homeowner to fire

Save Story
Leer en EspaƱol

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

(KSL News) A fire in Taylorsville could have been much worse if it weren't for an alert neighbor.

Fire authorities say the home owner was asleep on the couch when the fire started. A neighbor saw the heavy smoke and flames coming from the front of the home and ran over and began pounding on the front door.

The commotion apparently woke up the homeowner, who was able to get out safely.

Firefighters were able to put the fire out quickly.

Officials say the fire was caused by food cooking in the oven.

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics



Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the Trending 5.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast