News / Utah / 
2 girls taken to hospital after eating marijuana cookie

Wolfness72, Shutterstock

2 girls taken to hospital after eating marijuana cookie

By Ashley Stilson | Posted - May 29, 2017 at 6:22 p.m.



This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

MOUNTAIN GREEN, Morgan County — Two children were taken to an Ogden hospital Saturday after eating a cookie spiked with marijuana, and their mother was later arrested, according to the Morgan County Sheriff's Office.

The girls, ages 3 and 5, and their parents were getting ready to leave a vacation home in Mountain Green when the girls saw the cookie sitting in the family car and ate it, Morgan County sheriff's deputy Gary Dudley said Monday.

Their mother caught them eating the last bites of the cookie and called 911. The two children were taken by ambulance to an Ogden hospital, where they were treated and released, Dudley said.

Police say the girls' mother admitted the cookie was hers, and she was arrested for investigation of child endangerment, possession of marijuana, and possession of prescription medication without a prescription.

The family had been visiting from New Mexico. The woman's name was not immediately released.

Email: astilson@deseretnews.com

Ashley Stilson

    SIGN UP FOR THE KSL.COM NEWSLETTER

    Catch up on the top news and features from KSL.com, sent weekly.
    By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

    KSL Weather Forecast