Coroner: 2 Lake City men killed by carbon monoxide poisoning

By The Associated Press | Posted - Jan. 12, 2016 at 8:30 a.m.



This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

LAKE CITY, S.C. (AP) — Two Lake City men have died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning from using a gas generator indoors.

The Morning News of Florence reports (http://bit.ly/1RjW7lZ ) that Florence County Coroner Keith von Lutcken identified the men as 62-year-old Jimmy Lee Gurgess and 56-year-old William James Hickson.

The report says the men were found dead Monday afternoon. Officials say it appears the men died Sunday night. Both men lived in the home.

Officials said the poisoning occurred because the men heated the home with a small space heater, powered by a gas generator inside the house.

___

Information from: Morning News, http://www.scnow.com

Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

The Associated Press

    SIGN UP FOR THE KSL.COM NEWSLETTER

    Catch up on the top news and features from KSL.com, sent weekly.
    By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

    KSL Weather Forecast