Sparks Fire Department investigates smoke at Nugget Casino



This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

SPARKS, Nev. (AP) — Sparks fire officials responded to smoke and an electrical, burning smell at The Nugget Casino Resort.

Sparks Fire Department officials say they responded Sunday after reports of the incident. They say there was no fire, and that the smoke was from a kitchen incident at the casino's Gilley restaurant.

Firefighters say a broken sprinkler tank caused a fire pump to run, causing diesel smoke to fill a hallway.

Six fire engines responded to the casino.

Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

The Associated Press

    SIGN UP FOR THE KSL.COM NEWSLETTER

    Catch up on the top news and features from KSL.com, sent weekly.
    By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

    KSL Weather Forecast