Estimated read time: Less than a minute
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (AP) — A school bus driver who authorities say dragged a Forsyth County first-grader for about a mile after her arm was caught in the bus door has resigned.
The Winston-Salem Journal reports (http://bit.ly/1M3vjy7) Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools spokesman Theo Helm said Rueben Hash resigned Wednesday. The 78-year-old Hash had been suspended without pay and recommended for dismissal after Monday's incident.
Helm said that at the time of the accident, Hash was working as a substitute driver. He has driven school buses for the school system since 2000.
The first-grader suffered minor injuries after she was dragged along a street. The newspaper reported the 6-year-old suffered minor injuries, including scrapes and bruises.
Information from: Winston-Salem Journal, http://www.journalnow.com