This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
BOSTON (AP) — A fan struck by a foul ball that went behind home plate last year during a Boston Red Sox game at Fenway Park has sued the team's principal owner.
Brookline, Massachusetts, resident Stephanie Taubin says in her lawsuit filed Wednesday against John Henry that she was above home plate in the EMC Club on June 17, 2014, when a ball came through an area usually protected by glass and hit her. The glass had been removed for renovations.
The suit says Taubin suffered facial fractures and neurological damage. She is seeking unspecified damages.
The Red Sox told The Boston Globe (http://bit.ly/1NEcIPn ) that the organization doesn't know the specifics of the suit and doesn't comment on pending litigation but that fan safety is a priority.
Henry also owns the Globe.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.