Estimated read time: Less than a minute
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Las Vegas fire investigators say the blaze that forced more than 40 people from their apartment building on Sunday started with a fire on a stove.
Fire officials say the flames gutted one apartment in the two-story building at the Wood Lake Villa Apartments on Penwood Avenue.
Firefighters arrived about 10:30 a.m. to find the upstairs unit fully involved, but had the fire under control in less than 15 minutes.
Several units also sustained smoke and/or water damage.
The American Red Cross says it is helping find temporary shelter, food and clothing for 25 adults and 18 children who were displaced by the fire.