4 hospitalized for carbon monoxide poisoning

Save Story

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — Four people have been hospitalized after a carbon monoxide scare at a downtown Providence apartment building.

Three men were power-washing an underground garage early Monday at Avalon at Center Place Apartments. That's when they say they began feeling ill called emergency responders.

The three men and a doorman were taken to Rhode Island Hospital with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning. No further information on their condition was available.

Fire officials are investigating, but they think a malfunction in the building's ventilation system on the third level of the garage may be the cause. They say the exhaust emitting from the power washers wasn't being removed properly.

The third level of the parking garage has been closed. Apartments were not evacuated.

Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Most recent U.S. stories

Related topics

The Associated Press


    Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the KSL.com Trending 5.
    By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

    KSL Weather Forecast