Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — A judge is delaying a trial on the legality of the NCAA's consent decree that punished Penn State for its handling of sex abuse complaints about former assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky.
Commonwealth Court Judge Anne Covey on Thursday said the case brought by Senate Majority Leader Jake Corman and state Treasurer Rob McCord will begin Feb. 17. It had been scheduled for Jan. 6.
The judge says she needs more time to resolve disagreements about which documents the NCAA must produce. She's also requiring the NCAA to give her the documents under seal so she can determine if Corman and McCord should get them.
Corman and McCord sued to enforce a state law requiring the consent decree's $60 million fine benefit Pennsylvania only.
Sandusky was convicted but denies molesting boys.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.