Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
DALLAS (AP) — A hazardous material crew called off for the night decontamination work at the north Dallas apartment from which an Ebola-stricken man was taken earlier this week.
Dallas city spokesman Richard Hill said the crew had arrived Thursday evening after a severe thunderstorm and resulting power outage delayed the start of work at the apartment from which Thomas Eric Duncan was taken Sunday.
He says officials ultimately decided to hold off on the start of work until Friday to allow the crews to obtain permits for the hazmat cleanup and transportation of the removed hazardous materials. The family also had to be relocated before the cleanup started.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.