Heater ignites home in Tooele County, firefighters say


5 photos
Save Story
Leer en Español

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

WENDOVER — Cold temperatures and a heater switched on started a fire that left a Tooele County man without a home.

Police said around 10:30 p.m. Wednesday, the man turned on an electrical heater in his trailer and at some point it ignited. He was living on the property of a gas station and tire shop near Wendover, just off I-80.

He was able to get out safely. The trailer is a total loss.

Fire officials remind residents to get their heaters inspected and tuned up before the cold weather sets in.

Photos

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics

Utah

STAY IN THE KNOW

Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the KSL.com Trending 5.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast