Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
SOUTH PASADENA, Calif. (AP) — Two teenage boys arrested in what police said was a plan for a mass shooting at their Los Angeles-area high school have been released to the custody of their parents.
The Pasadena Star-News (http://bit.ly/1ru8X3r) reports a juvenile court judge Tuesday said the 16-year-old and 17-year-old boys from South Pasadena High School can stay with their parents under house arrest.
They've been charged with conspiracy to commit murder, conspiracy to commit assault with a deadly weapon and making criminal threats.
They have denied the threat charge, and a defense attorney has said the evidence doesn't support the other charges against them.
The teens were arrested last month before the school year began in what police chief said was a plot to target three staffers and kill as many students as possible. Police say they had obtained no weapons and hadn't set a date.
Information from: Pasadena Star-News, http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.