News / Utah / 

Shutterstock

Wyoming man shocked while retrieving shoes from electric wire

By Kyle Spencer, | Posted - Aug 30th, 2014 @ 10:55pm



JACKSON, Wyo. — A 46-year-old man was flown to University of Utah Hospital after he was shocked while trying to get his shoes off a live electric wire Saturday, police said.

The man was on his couch using a hockey stick to try to get his shoes down and his friend, a 25-year-old man, was holding him steady. Both men were shocked, according to police.

Paramedics had to revive the 46-year-old twice, as he did not have a pulse when they arrived. Once he was stabilized, he was transported by medical helicopter.

The 25-year-old had burns on his hands.

Police did not immediately release either man's condition.

More information will be posted as it becomes available.

Kyle Spencer

KSL Weather Forecast

Updated: Sunday July 15, 2018 5:10 pm