Trial for murder at Nevada reservation postponed

By The Associated Press | Posted - Jun. 28, 2014 at 3:21 p.m.



This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

RENO, Nev. (AP) — A murder trial for a man accused in a fatal shooting at the South Fork Indian Reservation in northeast Nevada has been postponed until October.

Joshua Dooley originally was scheduled to stand trial this month in U.S. District Court in Reno in the killing of Jacob Tybo at his home in South Fork in December.

The Elko Daily Free Press reports prosecutors and public defenders agreed to the delay this week due to the large volume of evidence collected.

An FBI complaint says the two members of the Te-Moake Tribe of Western Shoshone had been drinking and started arguing after Dooley accused Tybo of stealing his cellphone and being interested in his girlfriend.

The complaint says Tybo became upset and pointed a shotgun at Dooley's head before Dooley allegedly grabbed a rifle and shot him in the head.

___

Information from: Elko Daily Free Press, http://www.elkodaily.com

Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

The Associated Press

    SIGN UP FOR THE KSL.COM NEWSLETTER

    Catch up on the top news and features from KSL.com, sent weekly.
    By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

    KSL Weather Forecast