SALT LAKE CITY — There are several scenarios in which being allowed to walk up to a drive-through window would be useful. As it is, most establishments will not serve those on foot, bike or skateboard.
The Salt Lake City Council is considering changing the standards for businesses to allow equal access and serve drive-through patrons. The proposal would require a walk-up window, an open dining room or some other means for patrons on foot or smaller wheels.
The City Council encourages feedback for the proposal on its website. They will also be holding a public hearing to discuss this proposal Tuesday, April 22 at 7 p.m. in room 315 at the City & County Building, 451 South State St.
The additional methods to share your opinion are:
- Open City Hall, the city's online forum
- Salt Lake City Council website; select "Provide Feedback"
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Writing to Salt Lake City Council
- By phone, at 801-535-7600, or the 24-hour comment line, at 801-535-7654
- By fax, at 801-535-7651
The council's public hearing on April 22 will be broadcast live on channel 17 or from a computer, at SLCTV.com and selecting "Watch SLCTV Live."