Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Tuesday:
1. TWIST IN COURT-MARTIAL OF ARMY GENERAL
The sex assault case is jeopardized by word that the military may have pursued a trial partly to demonstrate that it does not take such allegations lightly.
2. WHY SEARCH FOR LOST PLANE HAS PROVEN DIFFICULT
The seas are vast, and the Malaysia Airlines jetliner may have veered from its normal flight path.
3. AT PISTORIUS TRIAL, GRIM RECOUNTING OF GIRLFRIEND'S INJURIES
The pathologist who performed the autopsy on Reeva Steenkamp's body gives graphic descriptions of her gunshot wounds — testimony that causes the Olympic sprinter to vomit.
4. HOW CRIMEA'S TATARS VIEW MOSCOW INCURSION
The minority ethnic group fears it could be mistreated by the Russians, 70 years after ill-treatment at the hands of Josef Stalin.
5. COLORADO'S POT TAX WINDFALL
The Rocky Mountain state raked in $2 million in marijuana taxes in January, the first month of recreational sales.
6. FATHER OF CONNECTICUT SCHOOL GUNMAN SPEAKS
Adam Lanza's father says in a magazine interview that his son was clearly capable of great evil — and even would have "killed me in a heartbeat, if he'd had the chance."
7. MCDONALD'S FIGHTS TO KEEP CUSTOMERS
Amid intensifying competition, the veteran fast-food chain is, among other things, testing a "build your own burger" concept.
8. E-CIGARETTES A HIT, DESPITE HEALTH CONCERNS
Nicotine "vaping" now has its own YouTube gurus, trade associations, lobbyists, vapefest meet-ups and trendy hipster hangouts.
9. HORTON REALLY DOES HEAR A WHO
Wild elephants can distinguish between human languages, and they can tell whether a voice comes from a man, woman or boy, a study says.
10. WHAT'S MEANT TO KEEP BOSTON MARATHONERS SAFE
The number of police will be doubled and spectators are being asked to carry personal items in clear plastic bags, among other security upgrades.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.