Libya: We'll allow quizzing of Lockerbie suspect



Estimated read time: 1-2 minutes

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

LONDON (AP) - Libyan Justice Minister Salah Margani says his government will allow U.S. and British investigators to question Abdullah al-Senoussi, Gadhafi's notorious spymaster, over the Lockerbie bombing.

The former intelligence chief is accused of complicity in the 1988 bombing of a Pan Am airliner over Lockerbie, Scotland, in which 270 people died.

Libyan intelligence officer Abdelbaset al-Megrahi, who died last year, is the only person convicted in the attack, but many questions surrounding the bombing, who ordered it, and how it was carried out remain unanswered. If Libya were responsible for the atrocity, al-Senoussi could be a critical source of information.

Margani told Britain's ITV News on Tuesday that it was "the intention" to allow investigators to question al-Senoussi.

Britain's Foreign Office said it could offer no comment until Wednesday.

(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

SIGN UP FOR THE KSL.COM NEWSLETTER

Catch up on the top news and features from KSL.com, sent weekly.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast