News / Utah / 

Fire destroys building at Tooele Gun Club

By KSL.com | Posted - May 1st, 2013 @ 9:19pm


11 photos

Show 1 more video

TOOELE — Emergency crews were on the scene of a fire at the Tooele Gun Club early Wednesday morning.

The fire, sparked about 6:45 a.m. in a utility room near the water heater, engulfed the 4,000 square foot building, located at 2994 Smelter Road.

Six engines from two agencies responded, and Tooele and North Tooele crews fought the fire defensively, but the building was a total loss.

No injuries were reported, and there was no early indications that anyone was inside the building.

The building contained furniture and similar items, North Tooele County Fire District spokesperson Ryan Willden said. The items were destroyed in the inferno, though no ammunition was believed to be in the building.

The fire is believed to be an accident, officials said.


Photos

KSL.com

KSL Weather Forecast

Updated: Wednesday September 19, 2018 10:37 pm