News / Utah / 

Space heaters blamed for $3 million fire in Lindon

By Pat Reavy | Posted - Feb 19th, 2013 @ 2:39pm

LINDON — Boxes of combustible materials stored next to space heaters has been determined to be the cause of a massive business fire here earlier this month.

On Feb. 6, a massive fire destroyed the warehouse belonging to Ensign LTD, 475 N. State, as well as its contents and an attached house. The building was formerly known for many years as Patch's Majestic Metals or Patches Ornamental Iron. For more than 31 years it was home to the steel fabrication business.


Damage to the 75-year-old building and its contents was estimated at $3 million.

At the time of the fire, the large warehouse area was stocked full of merchandise, including furniture and apparel.

The fire was reported at 4:40 a.m. and still had not been brought under control four hours later. By 10:30 a.m., equipment was brought in to knock down the rest of the structure. Crews spent the remainder of the week putting out flames and hot spots.

Related Stories

Pat Reavy

KSL Weather Forecast

Updated: Tuesday August 14, 2018 6:58 pm