This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.[!(http://media.bonnint.net/slc/2499/249904/24990427.jpg)](https://primarychildrens.thankyou4caring.org/)For 28 years, KSL Television has partnered with Primary Children's Hospital to help raise funds for children in need of medical care. Traditionally, this community has so generously contributed through the Primary Children's Telethon broadcast on KSL channel 5 and while our fundraising goals remain the same, [we know the way people contribute has changed](https://primarychildrens.thankyou4caring.org/). This year in lieu of the traditional telethon, we invite you to donate online and watch Saturday June 1st from 7-10pm as we celebrate 90 years of Primary Children's Medical Center.
Did You Know?
- Primary Children's cares for children of the Intermountain region regardless of their ability to pay. Last year, Primary Children's Medical Center expended $13 million to cover 12,571 hospital visits by needy children. Physicians donate their expertise for charity patients.
- The most popular flavor of anesthetic request at Primary Children's is bubble gum.
- Of the nation's freestanding children's hospitals, Primary Children's cares for some of the most critically ill children in the nation with the lowest charge per case.
- The favorite day for children to be in the hospital is Wednesday, because on Wednesday children play Hospital Bingo, and every child wins a prize.
- Primary Children's serve the largest geographical area for a children's hospital in the continental United States - serving children from Denver to the West Coast. The service area spans about 400,000 square miles.
- 40,187 children were seen in the Emergency Department in 2012. This puts an average of 110 children in the ED each day.
- The Newborn Intensive Care Unit treats nearly 600 newborns a year, and has an amazing survival rate of 95 percent.
- Children at Primary Children's can order room service any hour, day or night. The most popular foods are chicken nuggets and fruit smoothies.
- imary Children's has 289 beds - including Pediatric Intensive Care, Newborn Intensive Care, Infant, Medical, Surgical, Neuroscience Trauma, and Immunocompromised units.