News / Utah / 

Chemicals produce smoke at South Salt Lake business

By | Posted - Jul. 29, 2011 at 8:57 a.m.

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

SOUTH SALT LAKE -- Some overheated chemicals caused a scare at company in South Salt Lake.

Cleaning crews walked into Entec Composite Machines at 2975 S. 300 West just after 10 p.m. Thursday, saw smoke and called 911.

When firefighters arrived they didn't find fire but discovered some chemicals were overheated, causing them to smoke.

"They had four 5-gallon buckets of an epoxy resin that this company works with. For some reason it had some kind of reaction where it heated up," said Deputy Fire Chief Kevin Bowman.

Fire crews moved the resin outside to let it cool down. No one was injured.


    Catch up on the top news and features from, sent weekly.
    By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

    KSL Weather Forecast