Estimated read time: 0-1 minutes
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
(KSL News) A cigarette may have been the cause of a massive natural gas explosion that seriously burned two workers and injured two more.
Fire officials say the explosion happened in a truck near a gas well outside of Price yesterday afternoon.
They believe gas and carbon dioxide had settled inside the truck and could have exploded due to a spark from a cigarette.
One man in the truck was burned over his entire body. The other suffered extensive burns as well.
Two more standing nearby also suffered minor burns.