News / Utah / 

Family Treated for CO Poisoning at Lake Powell

Family Treated for CO Poisoning at Lake Powell



Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

(KSL News) Twenty-one people gathered for a family reunion in Lake Powell ended up with carbon monoxide poisoning.

Officials say generators on the family's houseboats produced the gas.

The group was treated with oxygen and released.

The incident comes just days after a 7-year-old girl drowned on the lake with carbon monoxide poisoning.

Officials warn boaters to keep windows open and turn generators off at night.

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics

Utah

SIGN UP FOR THE KSL.COM NEWSLETTER

Catch up on the top news and features from KSL.com, sent weekly.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast