Estimated read time: 1-2 minutes
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
SALT LAKE CITY -- Skiers in the Salt Lake Valley can catch a UTA bus to their destinations beginning Sunday.
The Utah Transit Authority will begin regular service to ski resorts in Big and Little Cottonwood canyons, including Alta, Brighton, Snowbird and Solitude on Dec. 12. Service to Sundance Ski Resort in Utah County begins Friday, Dec. 10.
Route connections in Salt Lake County can be made from downtown and the University of Utah, and at the following TRAX stations and park and ride lots:
- 3900 South Wasatch Boulevard park and ride
- 4500 South TRAX
- 6200 South Wasatch Boulevard park and ride
- 7200 South TRAX
- 8200 South Wasatch Boulevard park and ride
- 9400 South 2000 East park and ride
- 10000 South TRAX
- Big Cottonwood Canyon park and ride
- Little Cottonwood Canyon park and ride
Riders can board the ski bus to Sundance at the following Orem park and ride lots: - 1200 South 800 East
- 800 North 800 East (Harmon's)
- Canyon View park and ride lot at the mouth of Provo Canyon
Service up the canyons begins as early as 6 a.m. on some routes, with return service as late as 8:30 p.m. For complete ski schedules and routing details, visit www.rideuta.com.
Ski bus fare is $3.50 one-way or $7 for a ski day pass. UTA also offers an intra-canyon shuttle between Brighton and Solitude for $1.75.