Fire forces evacuation of assisted living center

Save Story

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

CLEARFIELD -- A sprinkler system helped control a fire at an assisted living center in Clearfield Tuesday night.

Firefighters say an electrical fire began in a clothes dryer in one of the back rooms of the Chancellor Garden Assisted Living Center around 11:30 p.m. Staff at the center evacuated more than 100 residents as a precaution.

Crews say the overhead sprinkler system contained the fire and they put it out quickly.

Guido Smith, the acting spokesman for the North Davis Fire District, says, "There's no question that this fire was halted due to an installed sprinkler system. (It was) definitely a lifesaver here tonight."

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics



    Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the Trending 5.
    By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

    KSL Weather Forecast