News / Utah / 

Gas grill sparks fire at Cache County home

By KSL.com | Posted - Oct. 17, 2010 at 5:54 p.m.



This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

WELLSVILLE -- A Cache County family lost their home to fire Saturday.

Fire officials were called to the home near 400 North and 700 West just after 7:30 p.m. When crews arrived, the home was already fully engulfed in flames.

Investigators say the homeowner, Tom Leishman, accidentally started the fire while using his gas grill in the backyard. They say there was either a bad valve on the grill or an issue with the propane tank and hose.

Leishman's wife, Maggie Leishman, was taken to Logan Regional Hospital where she was treated for smoke inhalation.

Fire officials say the home is a complete loss.

KSL.com

    SIGN UP FOR THE KSL.COM NEWSLETTER

    Catch up on the top news and features from KSL.com, sent weekly.
    By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

    KSL Weather Forecast