Electrical wiring sparks fire at abandoned home in Ogden

10 photos
Save Story
Leer en EspaƱol

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

OGDEN -- Faulty electrical wiring caused a fire at a house under construction in Ogden Sunday.

Ogden fire crews responded to a home on the 2600 block of Jackson Avenue around 11:35 a.m. They discovered heavy smoke coming out of the first floor and attic.

They tried to enter the house from the front, but the smoke was too heavy and they pulled out. They fought most of the fire from the outside.

Damage is estimated at $50,000. The home is abandoned and has been under construction. A neighbor says transients frequently hang out there.


Most recent Utah stories

Related topics



Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the KSL.com Trending 5.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast