News / Utah / 

Valley Emergency Employees Made Sick by Chemicals

Valley Emergency Employees Made Sick by Chemicals



Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

(KSL News) The center that sends help to the community needed some help of its own this afternoon. People working in the Valley Emergency Communication Center today noticed a strange smell in the building and then started feeling sick.

Valley Emergency Employees Made Sick by Chemicals

More than 20 people started having difficulty breathing, headaches and burning in their chest. Five ambulances were called in and transported six people to local hospitals.

It turns out a weed killer sprayed outside the building was sucked inside by the ventilation system, spreading the chemicals throughout the building.

Valley Emergency Employees Made Sick by Chemicals

Crews have since shut off that system and filtered out the air.

It's now business as usual at the emergency call center.

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics

Utah

SIGN UP FOR THE KSL.COM NEWSLETTER

Catch up on the top news and features from KSL.com, sent weekly.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast