Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
TORONTO (AP) — Major League Soccer's Toronto team says it has a deal to Italian midfielder Sebastian Giovinco from Juventus in July.
The team said Monday that the 27-year-old will join Toronto as a designated player on July 1 after his current contract expires.
Giovinco, who is 5-foot-5, has 20 goals and 23 assists in 130 appearances with Juventus, which has won the last two Serie A titles. He will join a team that added American midfielder Michael Bradley last year and U.S. forward Jozy Altidore last week.
Giovinco has one goal in 21 appearances for Italy's national team.
His agreement was announced Monday.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.








