RHP Ryne Stanek is rejoining the New York Mets on a 1-year deal, AP source says

FILE - New York Mets pitcher Ryne Stanek throws against the Los Angeles Dodgers during the sixth inning in Game 6 of a baseball NL Championship Series, Oct. 20, 2024, in Los Angeles.

FILE - New York Mets pitcher Ryne Stanek throws against the Los Angeles Dodgers during the sixth inning in Game 6 of a baseball NL Championship Series, Oct. 20, 2024, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Ashley Landis, file)


1 photo
Save Story

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

NEW YORK — A person familiar with negotiations says the New York Mets and right-handed reliever Ryne Stanek have agreed to a one-year deal. The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the deal was subject to a successful physical and hadn't been announced. The Mets acquired Stanek from Seattle in exchange for minor league outfielder Rhylan Thomas at the trade deadline last year. Stanek posted a 6.06 ERA in 17 appearances with the Mets during the regular season and became a trusted reliever late in the postseason. In eight innings covering seven postseason appearances, the 33-year-old allowed three runs and stuck out eight.

Photos

Most recent MLB stories

Related topics

Mike Fitzpatrick
    KSL.com Beyond Series

    KSL Weather Forecast

    KSL Weather Forecast
    Play button