Estimated read time: 1-2 minutes
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
Feeling gratitude has the ability to change your outlook on life and lighten your load. Gratitude is a way of thinking, and the way we think determines what we feel and what we do. If you have a habit of ingratitude, you feel and think more negatively than if you have a habit of gratitude. You can learn to have a grateful demeanor and outlook. It is a skill that just takes some intentional thought and practice. Try these tips to foster an attitude of gratitude.
• Make a gratitude journal. Every day write down two or three things that you are grateful for. Try to think of different things every day.
• Tell someone, "Thank you" for something he or she has done for you.
• Take notice of what you are grateful for and what is positive in your life.
• Give service to others; lend a helping hand, pitch in to help someone, make a gift, give of your time, listen to a friend.
• Pass the attitude of gratitude along to others with your positive words and actions.CLICK HERE to hear more about gratitude. (Depending on the speed of your internet connection, this could take a few minutes to download the audio.)